Saturday, February 9, 2013

A blurb.

This week was rather hectic in our house. A lot of running in circles between work, school and errands, so i'll do a quick catch up.

Gary and I have decided we have opposite-wired tastebuds, which I attribute to the fact we grew up eating completely different foods. Upon moving to the south I was accosted with what one would call "excessive flavor" and seasonings (lol), having grown up in the north with a Gran who was partial to plain old S&P as sufficient seasoning - I am accustomed still to more bland food while Gary longs for the strong flavor (*see goat cheese?!)

On the bright side, Gary and I are accommodating to one another and are not opposed to compromising and rotating between meals we each prefer. This week Gary had a favorite (portabellos and goat cheese rotini) which I would not say I jumped with joy for, my favorite from the week was probably a warm (and spicy!) edamame salad.

We're going to start incorporating more stir fry style meals into the routine this week as they are incredibly simple, fast, and versatile.

Some more good news, I'm down 6 pounds and Gary 3 since we've started. Given it could be much better, we've both had weak spots (*see papa johns veggie pizza, and subway FebruANY is a convenient calorie deathtrap), I haven't seen the inside of the gym since school started but Gary is really rockin' it. He's been getting in the gym everyday and is really feeling good. He hasn't mentioned feeling sub par in quite a while. He was getting frequent headaches but since we've started cleaning up our act I have heard complaints few and far between from my hypochondriac-husband.

A little bit more sunshine, with a side of clouds: I decided this week that i'm unable as a person to cope with working and going to school while being a successful human so after much deliberation i've decided that it's time to end my service with Walgreens, at least for now - we can't be sure of what the future holds. It was a really difficult decision, I feel like I held myself to an unrealistic standard that just wasn't working out so despite the guilt I initially felt i'm starting to feel happy day-by-day that i'm finally going to be able to focus on school while bettering my health [can you say gym every day of the week?]

Sorry I went on a bit of a tangent to my original intention, tomorrow i'll work at getting the weeks meals up. I actually meant for this to be a short post but as i've had a bit o' wine this eve...well you get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment