Sorry I wasn't able to do anything productive last week, I was under the weather and couldn't bring myself to do anything.
First, I have discovered smoothie making, taking advantage of the wonderful bounty (on sale!) at the grocery store this week I whipped up a mango, orange, carrot, blueberry, and spinach concoction this morning that is delightful. The best part: It's just fruits and veggies, nothing additional added. It's not the prettiest thing i've ever seen but I imagine the only difference between mine and one that costs $7 at smoothie king (or Jamba Juice for you lucky readers back home) is the addition of yogurt which I could do, but at the cost of extra calories.
Yep I see many smoothies in my future, Gary is even on board.
Speaking of, can I just say how much we love this lifestyle. Gary is very enthusiastic about it which keeps me motivated to try new recipes and experiment with different grains, vegetables etc.
This is my last week of work i'm afraid, so i'll hopefully be able to start taking pictures of things as I make them to at least provide you with some idea of what we're doing here.
Another side note, Gary is down 25 pounds! These positive changes are adding up! I on the other hand chose to scarf ice cream and not work out while I was under the weather and as a result the scale reads +2lbs for me. Making some adjustments this week for sure.
This week we're making:
Spinach Quiche (a repeat from last week, this is so delicious. It's an egg base with spinach, mushrooms, onions, and tomatoes - think the tastiest omelette you've ever had in pie form)
Veggie Fried Rice - Veggies and eggs with a light sodium sauce over brown rice.
Cheese Enchilada Casserole - We'll see about this one, i'm not so sure about it. It sounds more like a wet burrito to me, but anything is worth trying once.
Broccoli Pesto with Rice Noodle - Expecting great things from this, cheese-less pesto with a broccoli base with almonds, lemon, and yummy rice noodles.
We're undecided one day this week and we're going to wing it, Gary has a big test this week and I work every night so we shall see.
I'm also on the lookout for a yoga class, perhaps even Pilates. I'm treating the gym like it's my job, but I want an outlet for stress and they took out all the yoga classes at World Gym :( With my new-found-free-time as a professional student I will likely need a hobby outside of cleaning my house and annoying my husband.
In the meantime i'll channel my stress the same way I always have :) Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment